Kale is uber nutritious and one food I can’t get enough of.
Just looking at all the kale benefits, you’ll instantly see why I’m sucker for this "superfood".
In fact, kale is one of the few veggies I can eat everyday and not get tired of. If you are in doubt, try it!
One, kale is so versatile. It can be eaten raw, sautéed, and baked.
You can literally throw them into salads, smoothies, juices, ice pops, stir fries, and baked goods. It's limitless.
Out of all ways to eat kale, my favorite is kale chips. It’s my go-to, ultimate healthy snack that I can snack on all day long.
They are as tasty as regular chips, but healthier for you.
But we all know kale chips at the store can run anywhere from $6 to $9 a bag.
It’s a hefty price for a bag of chips after all. So why not make a batch yourself? That’s how I got into making kale chips.
And it turns out, it’s easier than baking grandma’s apple pie and far more mess-free than juicing. I promise!
Here is how to make Kale Chips in 5 easy steps.
All you need is 4 ingredients and 15 mins!
- 1 bunch kale, washed and thoroughly and dried.
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Place the kale in a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and toss. Sprinkle with salt (and pepper if you wish) and toss again.
4. Lay the kale on the prepared baking sheets in single layer. Bake until crispy and the edges just begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 2 minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer to a bowl and toss with cheese.
Per Serving: 80 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 200mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber), 4g protein.
There you have it!
Now you can enjoy chips as a snack without feeling guilty - thanks to kale.
Let me know how yours turned out after trying out this simple kale chip recipe.