Going on a date with a guy you barely know for the first time can be both exciting and frightening. The chances are, your guy might not be a talented conversationalist who can lead and create a flowing conversation, but don't let this ruin your night.
To ensure the success of your first date and flowing conversation, best thing you can do is to ask questions. I mean the right questions. Grilling him down on wrong questions like politics, religions, past relationships and money is not only rude but also a big turn off.
Asking the right questions helps him open up, so you can find out his values, beliefs and dream in a very natural way and see if he is the right guy for you.
"16 questions to find out if he is the right guy for you."
Here are 16 (men approved) Right Questions to ask a guy on a first date.
By the way, these questions work best if you are going out with a guy you hardly know. If you are going on a date with someone you know for a long time, skip all the questions you already know the answers to, and focus on the ones you genuinely want to know.
- Where are you from? Only if you don't know.
- Do you have any siblings? Finding out if he is the first born, the only child or only boy out of 5 siblings provides an interesting insight and a glimpse of his family dynamic.
- Do you play any sports? or similarly, what's your favorite sport? You can tell a lot about a guy based on what sports he plays or is into.
- What’s your sign?
- What do you like to do on weekends? A good conversation opener. Maybe your next date idea will come out of this question.
- Do you drink? if so what's your favorite drink?
- What's the last book you read?
- What's the last movie you watched? This question not only shows how much he keeps up with the latest films, but also his favorite move genre in one.
- Where do you want to travel?
- Do you have any pets?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Who's on your iTune playlist?
- What' on your bucket list? This is my personal favorite!
- What's your dream car?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Who and what inspires you?