The Russian twists is probably one of the best muffin top exercises to help get rid of love handles.
When I perform the "Russian twist abs", I can instantly feel the burn and my abs working.
What Is a Russian Twist?
The Russian twist is a strength training exercise that works all of the major abdomen muscles, which include:
- Six-pack abs muscles (rectus abdominis )
- Lower abs (transversus abdominis)
- Internal and external obliques muscles.
The Russian twist exercise builds the kind of strength that’s needed for paddling sports.
By adding the Russian twist to your ab workouts routine, you’ll build paddle-worthy obliques and incredible rowing muscles.
How to do a Russian twist
The seated version of the Russian twist is performed by sitting on the floor with knees slightly bent like a sit-up position.
The feet should be kept together and slightly elevated above ground.
Lean back slightly so your torso is at a 45 degree angle to the floor.
Make sure to keep the back straight the entire time.
Stretch your arms straight out in front of your chest, and keep your hands together.
Brace your abs and slowly rotate your torso to the right as far as you can, then quickly reverse the movement all the way to the left.
As you develop enough abdominal muscles strength, you can hold a weight in your hand to increase the difficulty of the move.
You can also go faster side to side— the harder exercise is, harder you work the abs.
Note: Avoid this exercise if you have an ache back, the Russian twist can make it worse.
Again here's a recap on how you perform the Russian twist in 3 easy steps:
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet should be kept together and slightly elevated above ground.Lean back so your torso is at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Make sure to keep the spine straight and not rounded.
- Stretch your arms straight out in front of your chest with one hand on top of the other.
- Contract your abs and slowly rotate to the right as far as you can, pause then reverse this movement all the way around to the left as far as you can. That is one rep.
|30 Secs||2-3||Medium||Gym or Home|
There you have it!
The best muffin top exercises for building solid hard rock abs and getting rid of love handles.
What’s your favorite abdominal and love handles exercise? Leave a comment and share it with us.