Happily healthy - That’s our motto.
At Fitwirr, we believe all healthy choices including eating should make you happy. You don't need to completely sacrifice your all-time favorites and indulgences to be healthy. Most often, there are many tweaks you can apply to make overly fattening and greasy chicken fajita healthy and kind to your waistline.
The little tweaks will cut unnecessary calories out of your tasty Mexican dish and limit the bad fat intake by substituting with healthy fat.
3 Healthy Tweaks
- Substitute sour cream topping to Greek yogurt
- Use skinless chicken breast instead of dark meat with skin
- Use coconut cooking spray when cooking chicken and vegetables instead of pouring oil onto your skillet
These little tweaks help you enjoy your meal without feeling guilty and feel good afterwards. No heartburn, no greasy fingers, no guilt!
This healthy chicken fajita can be one for the healthiest meal when prepared right. It's low calories and nutritional. It can also be Paleo friendly and gluten free if you substitute flour tortillas to lettuce.
What you will need:
- 1 cup yellow sliced onions
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium organic soy sauce
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breast, split horizontally
- 8 (6-inch organic flour tortillas)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Chopped tomatoes, diced
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado
- Greek yogurt
- Place the chicken, onion and bell peppers in a plastic bag along with the smashed garlics, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salts. Poor the 1/4 cup of oil and the lime juice; seal the the back tightly, shake to coat chicken and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with coconut cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan. Remove onion and bell peppers from bag, and add to pan.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until tender. Toast tortillas in pan, if desired. Place chicken chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Divide onion mixture evenly among servings. Garnish with jalapeño slices. Serve with salsa, Greek yogurt, and cilantro.