Going on a date with a guy you barely know for the first time can be both exciting and frightening. The chances are, your guy might not be a talented conversationalist who can lead and create a flowing conversation, but don't let this ruin your night.
To ensure the success of your first date and flowing conversation, best thing you can do is to ask questions. I mean the right questions. Grilling him down on wrong questions like politics, religions, past relationships and money is not only rude but also a big turn off.
Asking the right questions helps him open up, so you can find out his values, beliefs and dream in a very natural way and see if he is the right guy for you.
Here are 16 (men approved) Right Questions to ask a guy on a first date.
By the way, these questions work best if you are going out with a guy you hardly know. If you are going on a date with someone you know for a long time, skip all the questions you already know the answers to, and focus on the ones you genuinely want to know.
- Where are you from? Only if you don't know.
- Do you have any siblings? Finding out if he is the first born, the only child or only boy out of 5 siblings provides an interesting insight and a glimpse of his family dynamic.
- Do you play any sports? or similarly, what's your favorite sport? You can tell a lot about a guy based on what sports he plays or is into.
- What’s your sign?
- What do you like to do on weekends? A good conversation opener. Maybe your next date idea will come out of this question.
- Do you drink? if so what's your favorite drink?
- What's the last book you read?
- What's the last movie you watched? This question not only shows how much he keeps up with the latest films, but also his favorite move genre in one.
- Where do you want to travel?
- Do you have any pets?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Who's on your iTune playlist?
- What' on your bucket list? This is my personal favorite!
- What's your dream car?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Who and what inspires you?